Here’s how to Install a keylogger on USB flash drives so that you can use to transport and install your keylogger software on any computer remotely.
We’ll be going through a step-by-step guide on how to successfully create a deployment package, send it, and receive information using a keylogger of your choice.
We’ll also be going through how to install your keylogger program onto a USB flash drive that, in turn, you can use to install on multiple computers. Keep in mind that you’ll still need to purchase more than one registration key to fully install on your other computers.
1. A USB flash drive with a min of 4GB
2. A computer that runs Windows
3. The keylogger software of your choice
- Plug your USB flash drive into your computer. As a precaution, make sure that information stored on your USB drive is backed up.
- Download your keylogger software. Keep in mind that you usually must purchase a registration key to do this. The more registration keys you purchase, the more of discounted price you receive. When prompted whether to run or save file, choose Save File and select your USB device’s location.
- Save, and safely remove you USB drive and plug into the computer you’d like to install the program on.
- Launch your keylogger software.
- Enter your registration key.
- Next you will be prompted to choose the type of installation. You will have three choices: Visible mode installation, Invisible mode installation, and Logs viewer installation. You can also do a custom installation where you pick and choose the components you’d like to install. Your keylogger software should now up and running! You do not need to hide the keylogger program. It is automatically hidden and no action on your part is required to hide it.
- Next let’s learn how to view logs. Go to the Start Menu and select Run.
- Type the phrase, unhide. You do not need to press Enter or select OK. Most keyloggers automatically track the sequence and will be unhidden automatically if the keyword is typed. The Log Viewer window will then pop up.
- Go to the Logs tab and select the dates you would like to view in the calendar.
- Press View logs for (Day/Month) and the log will begin to generate.
- There are several customizations you can make with keyloggers. Go to the Options Tab in the main menu to browse and select them.
- After you unhide the software, and get to the user interface of your keylogger, you just need to close it to hide it again.
- Unplug you USB flash drive and repeat as many times as necessary.
- Note: Be careful with which keylogger you decide to use, many keyloggers claiming to be “free” have viruses and Trojans attached to them that can be extremely harmful to your computer.
Some Background Info
A keylogger is a keystroke recorder that captures user’s activity and saves it to an encrypted log file. The log file is then viewed using a Log Viewer. Logs can also be automatically sent to your e-mail address, and access is password protected. You can use this to find out what is happening on your computer while you are away, maintain a backup of your typed data automatically, monitor your kids, and detect unauthorized access to your system.
Disclaimer: There has been a lot of controversy involving the uses and potential moral dilemmas surrounding keyloggers. Let me assure you though that these issues are strictly moral-based and Keylogger Software is a completely legal monitoring tool. Even though an individual may be using a keylogger to find out information about you, it is perfectly legal in the United States. It’s the individual trying to steal your password and credit card numbers that is performing the illegal act, not the keylogger software itself. Let me clarify a little better, keylogger uses depend entirely on the local jurisdiction and law of your area. What may be legal in one place may not be in another. Some places require you to warn users that they may be subject to monitoring. Others require you to ensure that confidential or protected information is not insecurely stored or released (passwords, usernames, account numbers, that sort of thing).
But generally, if you are given administrative permissions (which are required to install keylogger software) to a computer, then you have the right to install whatever you’d like on the computer with or without guest user knowledge. The idea of checking what was done on your computers is more a moral issue, but is anyway legal, allowed, and never prohibited. Remember that the idea involves YOUR computers; you may not install keylogger programs on another computer without the knowledge and consent of the computer’s owner. If you’re the owner, then no problem!